2006-07-13

Behind


Books
Originally uploaded by Bokmalen.

This was the year when I started with the good intentions of keeping track of my reading. Well, fat chance. Some of the books I read during the first 3 months are in this pile, but notes about them? Not quite happening. Well, the highlights were Gaskell and Austin, as well as the Gaiman book. In the midfield the Hustvedt novel which was good, but not AS good as it has been hyped to be, and the Murakami novel which once again failed to live up to the promise of his Norwegian Woods (which I though fantastic- I guess it is always going to be downhill from those dizzying heights?). All others were good, except The Master (uah, what a bore!) and The Tiger's Child. I remember reading novels by Hayden about 15 years ago, thought they were great. This one, not so much and it is mainly the style I hate. Perhaps I should re-read the others and see what I think now? Or perhaps better leave them alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home